Articles/Research Used in Episode 77+
Here are the specific resources/research articles we’ve used in each episode.
This is for episodes 77 and after. For episodes 1-76, click here.
Want general endo resources? Click here.
Want resources to address endo from a multidisciplinary approach? Click here.
- (2000) Martin, Dan. Laparoscopic Appearance of Endometriosis, Second Edition, 1990-2020, Resurge Press, Richmond, https://www.danmartinmd.com/files/coloratlas1990.pdf, accessed 5/2021
- Albee Jr, R. B., Sinervo, K., & Fisher, D. T. (2008). Laparoscopic excision of lesions suggestive of endometriosis or otherwise atypical in appearance: relationship between visual findings and final histologic diagnosis. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, 15(1), 32-37. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18262141/
- Laparoscopic diagnosis of endometriosis – from Dr. Redwine’s research on endopaedia.info
- The visual appearance of endometriosis and its impact on our concepts of the disease – from Dr. Redwine’s research on endopaedia.info
- Age related evolution in color appearance of endometriosis – from Dr. Redwine’s research on endopaedia.info
- Invisible microscopic endometriosis – Is it invisible, or just not there? – from Dr. Redwine’s research on endopaedia.info
- Hopton, E N and David Byron Redwine. “Eyes wide shut: the illusory tale of ‘occult’ microscopic endometriosis.” Human reproduction 29 3 (2014): 384-7
- Is There Microscopic or Occult Endometriosis – from Nancy’s Nook
- For resources for finding an excision surgeon, see my Endo Overview Treatment section here.
- Excision of Endometriosis – from the CEC, which includes the resources for the question we mentioned “My Doctor thinks excision & Endometriosis Treatment Centers are all hype and that the disease can be treated by anyone through basic Laparoscopy, drug suppression and down the road, hysterectomy. Do you have any references supporting the use of Excision?”
- Robotic Surgery – Article we referenced by Dr John Dulemba
- Endometriosis Appearance and Location: Impact on Surgical Success – From Nancy’s Nook
- Lier, M.C.I., Vlek, S.L., Ankersmit, M. et al. Comparison of enhanced laparoscopic imaging techniques in endometriosis surgery: a diagnostic accuracy study. Surg Endosc 34, 96–104 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-019-06736-8
- Decoding Coding: What is the Best Way to Code for Endometriosis?