Histamine Intolerance (HI)/ Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
Dealing with MCAS symptoms (which began a few months after my excision surgery) has been extremely difficult, but by understanding the root causes to my MCAS and HI, I’ve managed to lessen my reactions over the last 2 years. Some of the root causes in my case are hormone imbalance and SIBO. While I still have many triggers and have to carefully watch my diet and lifestyle, I’m not having a constant reaction to everything anymore nor anaphylaxis. If you are dealing with MCAS, I can relate to how challenging it is. Hopefully some of the resources can help.
For more info
- Mast Cell 360 – Website by Beth O’Hara, who is studying functional naturopathy and has MCAS and HI. Great overview here of the root causes of MCAS and how to address them for relief.
- Low and High Histamine Foods Lists – Reliable list by Beth O’Hara.
- Healing Histamine Intolerance – The Complete Guide – Comprehensive overview of histamine intolerance.
- Healing Histamine – Helpful website.
- Dirty Genes by Dr. Ben Lynch. It has a chapter on the DAO gene which affects HI. You can read more about it on his website here: Histamine Intolerance, MTHFR and Methylation
- Histamine and histamine intolerance – Research article if you need something “official” to show doctors or others on the condition.
- Histamine Intolerance: The Current State of the Art – Another research article if you need something “official” to show doctors.
Related Podcast Episodes
- Histamine Intolerance (coming soon)
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (coming soon)