Feel supported, get inspired, be understood
Trying to figure out how to get through the challenges of endometriosis?
I’m Amy, and I started the podcast In Sixteen Years of Endometriosis to talk about learning to live with this difficult condition. Laugh, cry, and shout with us about all things endometriosis. The goal? To have a happier, healthier, and more empowered life!
With my co-host Brittany, we discuss:
- Practical tips. Want more energy? Want to commit to healthy habits or communicate better about your illness with loved ones?
- Facts around the disease. What are the types of endo? The stages? Why does it cause fatigue and pain? What causes endo? Where can it be in the body? What myths and misconceptions are prevalent around endo?
- Common treatment and management options. Why is excision the gold standard? How do we find an endometriosis specialist? What does research say on Lupron/ Orilissa/ birth control? What role can diet and lifestyle play?
- Strength. Do you know how strong you are to live with symptoms like pain, fatigue, brain fog, digestive issues and everything else that can accompany endo?
- Acceptance. Sometimes there are moments that are absolutely unbearable. We talk candidly about the anger, shame, sadness, and other feelings this can bring, and how to get through them to find peace, gratitude, and joy.
And much, much more!
Oh, and bring your sense of humor, because that is how I deal with all the ridiculous symptoms that happen when you have an illness that has to do with bodily functions! We’ll also delve into all those embarrassing did-that-really-just-happen?! stories that you just want to forget, and laugh hysterically about them!
Wherever you are in your own health journey, Brittany and I hope this podcast will support you, inspire you, and help you feel understood.
We endowarriors are in this together. We are not alone, even though illness and pain can feel really isolating at times.
So let’s learn from each other as we continue to move forward.
Tune in to our episodes for down to earth talk, and a lot of laughter, on the topic of endo, health, and happiness!